Friday 7 March 2014

One mans trash...



It amazes me what people throw away! Just a couple of weeks ago Q happened upon a little wooden desk for me to restore. It would seem he has a bit of an eye for these things as last weekend he spotted this chair on the side of the road.



 It seemed to me to be a perfectly good chair, sitting all alone on the side of the road, with a bright future full of chair like activities ahead of it. Quick as a flash we whisked it into the boot of the car; this would complete my dining set of mismatched chairs perfectly!

While I’ve found out the hard way that the majority of chairs that are put out as rubbish are beyond rescue, all that this particular chair needed was a little bit of wood glue and a hammer.

10 minutes of gluing, hammering and a good dash of brute force, the transformation was complete.


Over the last two years I have been collecting mismatched chairs to go with the timber dining table I found on Ebay. Using some Pinterest inspiration, I want to paint the table white to match my restored cabinet and side table. I have always loved mismatched chairs that are painted in the one colour to tie them all together, so I am planning on painting them all an antique blue/teal. I can’t wait to show you the finished project!

2 comments:

  1. Show us the table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mismatched chairs, and blue and white look so shabby chic. I can't wait to see the table and chairs!

    ReplyDelete